Friday, May 19

mother's day 2017


"To all of our mothers everywhere, past, present, or future, I say, “Thank you. Thank you for giving birth, for shaping souls, for forming character, and for demonstrating the pure love of Christ.” 

- Jeffrey R. Holland -


all mothers are special, but these two are the most beautiful inside and out!







i appreciate more and more what type of women our moms are as i realize more and more just how difficult it is to not only be a mom, but to be a good one. they truly are the best of the best.

just like a lot of moms on mother's day, i tend to be reminded of every little thing i'm lacking, every little thing I'm not that i should be, every little thing i am that i should not be, and every little bit of guilt for those days that i wish i could throw in the towel and walk away from it all. so on mother's day i like to think more about my own mothers than the mother i am. but chris and the kids didnt make that easy for me this year. they are so good to me. lots of loves were given, lots of hand made cards were made, and lots of kind words were said.







we stopped on the way home from church and snagged a couple pictures of me with my special people. i love them so much.

chris and i have our own love language and that language is food. thats how we show our love for each other. chris grilled burgers that were out of this world delicious! they had melty blue cheese and roasted poblano peppers on them and my mouth is watering just thinking about it again! and for dessert he made liege waffles with homemade nutella, hand-whipped whipped cream and berries. hands down, one of the best meals of my life. thank you, my sweet man.



No comments: