Saturday, February 28

ellie's one... part 2

happy birthday to ellie & grandpa browne!!!!!!!
we had our combined birthday party last saturday evening (the 21st). it was a glorious time! the weather was bEaUtIfuL so we ate outside on the porch. we had fresh picked strawberries, green beans, pineapple, and fillet mingon. it was superb. then the birthday buddies opened gifts and we enjoyed carrot cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting, which were pretty good if i do say so myself!
ellie received her very first doll from grandma and grandpa brower! for some reason i was really excited about her getting a doll, so i asked janie if she wouldn't mind getting it for her so that it would be more special...silly, i know, but it meant something to me... and maybe some day it will to ellie as well.

this is one of the best pics i have ever taken! i LOVE this shot of jack. you can see the determination in his face.

i made this skirt for ellie for the occassion. it was a really fun project, and i am pleased with how it turned out. she was so stinkin' cute in it!


ellie and ev just ate green beans and berries for dinner and this was the result of that!

she looks quite pleased with her stash o' beans

i guess this video proves that she had NO problems playing the part of the "birthday princess". yikes.

jack takes his treats very seriously, he Might get that from his mommy :)

2 comments:

Rikki Faustini said...

LIS! THAT SKIRT IS AMAZING!! I love the color of it...I think you should make me one just like it :) I'm so glad you were able to post so many photos and vidoes. I got in the habbit of checking at least 8 times a day for updates....scary, I know. I love these babes and I can't wait to hug and squeeze them in May!! Jack looks so nice in his Beatles shirt. Miss you all tons!

XOxOxoOxXo

Rikki Faustini said...

Yes, I was watching the clips again. I noticed that Jack wear's his water sox (at least I think that's what he had on) even when he's not near the water....awesome! Oh, and cute hair cut Lis : )